Monday, 28 October 2013

Los Angeles you got me.

I walk past The Lee Strasberg School of Acting. There's space on the course, affordable (its amazing what you convince yourself of) something I love and I believe I'm good at. After parting with some (fucking loads of) cash, I enrol.

Lee Strasberg's Method is not an imitation of what you might think the character is, it is you, engaging your memory of past events and of all your senses. Touch, taste, smell... the character becomes you.
The course is insightful and inspiring. Although I draw 'the Vlad straw' (see blog) I fucking love this training. There is a lot of talking and closing my eyes and feeling and crying and becoming an animal and teachers saying fuck ALOT. There are many jumped up actors hanging around looking like complete pricks. But you know what I LOVE IT HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment